Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Results Are In!

The final votes have been counted for the 2008 Catholic Blog Awards. You can view the entire list here.

I didn't do half bad, with 7 finishes in the top-20 and 1 top-10 finish:
  • Best Apologetics Blog: 7th
  • Best Designed Blog: 14th
  • Best Overall Blog: 16th
  • Best Written Blog: 19th
  • Smartest Blog: 19th
  • Most Informative/Insightful Blog: 20th
  • Most Spiritual Blog: 20th
  • Best Individual Blog: 21st
I'll be honest, I was hoping to do better in the Apologetics category this year, but that's ok, 7th place is still pretty dope. Plus, my posting has been down for the last month or so, which may have also effected things.

WDTPRS? stole the show this year, finishing in the top-3 in 12 CATEGORIES (basically every category it was eligible for), and winning FIRST PLACE in NINE of the 12!! That's just sick!! Well done, Fr. Z! You are a gentleman and a scholar.

My thanks to everyone who voted for me this year. Phatcatholic Apologetics is still the little blog that could :D

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

2 comments:

Tim A. Troutman said...

I love Father Z but his blog isn't really an apologetics blog. Likewise, while Jimmy Akin may be a great apologist, his blog barely had any apologetics (if any at all) within the last year that I saw.

I think yours should have done better in that category. But congrats anyhow.

Laura H. said...

Tim,

The awards hosts have asked that you email them when you believe a blog has been mis-nominated in a category.

I didn't do that this year either (though I had every intention of doing so) but it's good to know for the future. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails