Tuesday, June 03, 2008

I Know, It's Been a While....

What can I say, I've been busy! My Comprehensive Exam is on June 14th, which I need to pass in order to finally graduate, so I've been preparing for that. I was also in Michigan over the weekend for the baptism of my goddaughter. I'm not really sure how often I'll be able to post between now and the exam date, but I'll try my best.

I really need to spend every amount of free time preparing for Comps. This thing is a beast: There is an essay question for each of the 14 classes I have taken. The director of the MA Theology program chose 9 of the 14 for me to answer. My answer has to fill at least one blue book. On the day of the exam, I will have to answer 4 of the 9 questions, but I don't know which 4 it will be.

I know the questions ahead of time, so it's really just a matter of answering the questions and then memorizing my answers. Sounds easy, but it's not....at least, it's not for me. The questions themselves are difficult to answer, even with all of my notes, and I am having an extremely hard time just sitting down and working on it. I can't really explain why, it's just an extreme source of anxiety for me.

On a lighter note, I recently received a job offer to be a DRE. It seems to be a done deal, but I don't want to say anything more about it until it is official. Needless to say I am very excited about it, and I think this job will be very good for Amy and I.

Also, I should have mentioned this sooner, but if you are able to catch "Franciscan University Presents" on EWTN, you'll see a short clip of me answering some questions about the Holy Spirit. It airs today at 2pm EST and again on Friday, June 6, at 4am EST. I taped this interview a long time ago, so I had forgotten all about it! Thanks for "Seven77" for the heads up.

Finally, I obviously wasn't able to put up a new poll yesterday. Instead of posting it late I'm just going to let the current poll run for another week.

I think that's all for now. Please pray for me that I can overcome my anxiety and successfully pass my Comps.

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

1 comment:

No Fluff Required said...

I have been praying for you and Amy. I will keep it up.

A verse I turn to in anxiety:
"Be anxious for nothing, but in all things by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God." Philippians 4:6

I had a few things about Peter and about Salvation being an actual one time and permanent event in the life of a believer, but I will wait until after the 14th.

Blessings,
ad

Related Posts with Thumbnails