Wednesday, July 02, 2008

It Is Official

Children from the 4-6 Campus gather with a Lent banner in front of the altar of Blessed Mother ParishI didn't want to say anything until all the details had been ironed out, but now I can safely say that I am the new Director of Religious Education for Blessed Mother Parish in Owensboro, KY. I grew up in this parish, and my family has been going to Blessed Mother (and the school attached to it) since it first opened in 1948. It is truly a blessing and an honor to be able to come back home and give back to the church that has given so much to me.

When I came to FUS and decided to specialize in catechetics, I also began preparing myself for having to go wherever the Lord lead me, wherever the best job was located, even if that meant traveling across the country and far from home. It's usually very rare to be able to go back to your hometown and find a position waiting for you. Then, once Amy and I got engaged, I began preparing myself for having to stick around in Steubenville while she finished school and then find that job far, far away. Well, God foiled me two times over when he created a home for me back in Owensboro.

I am so very thankful for this opportunity to do what I love, surrounded by the people I love, at a parish that has always been a part of my life. I look forward to utilizing everything that I've learned, and also to learning from everyone at Blessed Mother who has been teaching and leading for years. I also look forward to working with the new pastor, Fr. John Meredith, and to growing under his guidance.

This is an exciting time for both me and the parish, and I can't wait to get started. First day is July 11 or 12th. Wish me luck!!

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

5 comments:

JP said...

Congrats,

I will keep you in my prayers.

Tim A. Troutman said...

Congratulations. I'm glad to hear of an orthodox Director of Religious Education for a change.

Doug and Elizabeth said...

Like Tim, I am so glad to hear that a parish is getting an orthodox DRE! The DRE here is a former Dr's office and Bank employee that loves to read Stephen King and Patterson books, her favorite movies are Halloween and Silence of the Lamb, has no background in Religion at all. Her husband, however, is a high ranking KofC. hmmmm?

Jnorm888 said...

Congradulations



JNORM888

Amy Giglio said...

Congratulations, Nicholas!

I'm a DRE, too, and I'm sure we could have a lot to talk about. I know you're not looking for advice, but the best thing I can say to you is to make time every day in the middle of your work day to pray. The times when I knew I was closest to God's will were the times when at 3:00 I'd head upstairs to the church and pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy.

God bless you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails