Friday, October 03, 2008

Seeing Is Believing: The Blessed Mother in Faith and Art

Along with the paper on beauty and catechesis that I provided earlier (see my previous post), I also made a booklet, the purpose of which was to basically take the principles outlined in the paper and put them into practice. I chose to do that by selecting pieces of artwork that depict our Marian doctrines and then to analyze each painting, drawing out its meaning and catechetical implications.

Depending on your printer, this booklet may or may not come out right. The best thing to do would probably be to click "Help" in Microsoft Word and search for "Print a folded booklet." Then simply follow the directions that are provided. Also, you need the last blank page (p. 16) in order for it to fold in order, so make sure you don't delete it.

That said, click here to download the booklet. Let me know what you think.

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails