- Please consider uniting with others in this 9 day prayer from Jan 11- 22. FOCA explicitly overrides any state laws that limit abortion or protect the unborn child. Let us make a shield of prayer to clothe and protect children in the womb.
For those of you who do not know, the Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA) is set to be signed if congress passes it on January 21-22 of 2009. The FOCA is the next sick chapter in the book of abortion. If made a law then all limitations on abortion will be lifted which will result in the following:
- All hospitals, including Catholic hospitals will be required to perform abortions upon request. If this happens Bishops vow to close down all Catholic hospitals, more then 30% of all hospitals in the United States.
- Partial birth abortions would be legal and have no limitations.
- All U.S. tax payers would be funding abortions.
- Parental notification will no longer be required.
- Perhaps most importantly the government will now have control in the issue of abortion. This could result in a future amendment that would force women by law to have abortions in certain situations (rape, down syndrome babies, etc) and could even (as in China) regulate how many children women are allowed to have.
Needless to say this information is disturbing, but sadly true. As Catholics, as Christians, as anyone who is against the needless killing of innocent children, we must stand as one. We must stop this horrific act before it becomes a law.
The Plan: To say a novena (9 days of prayer) along with fasting starting on January 11th. For Catholics, the prayer of choice will be the rosary with intentions to stop the FOCA. For non-Catholics please pray your strongest prayers with the same intentions, also for nine consecutive days.
The hope is that this will branch and blossom as to become a global effort with maximum impact. Just do three things:
- Pass this letter to 5 or more people
- Do it soon.
- Start the novena on January 11th and pray for nine
consecutive days (please also fast for at least two days during the novena)
Thank you for uniting your efforts with others.
Mary, Mother of the Unborn .... pray for us.