Thursday, February 26, 2009

Spitting in the Face of Jesus During Lent

Every now and then, I get press releases from the Cardinal Newman Society via email. Typically, I just read them and then go about my day. But, today's press release cannot simply be read and then forgotten. What I read today is probably one of the most tragic and heartbreaking things I've read this year:Justice demands outrage on behalf of all Catholics for what is taking place on these campuses during Lent. To praise debauchery at a time when we should be atoning for the effect that sin had on the suffering of Christ and continues to have on His Body, the Church -- well, you might as well spit in the face of Christ, like the scribes and Pharisees did.

Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the world ... have mercy on us,
Mary, Our Lady of Sorrows ... pray for us,
St. Thomas Aquinas, patron saint of Catholic schools ... pray for us,
St. Michael the Archangel, our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil ... pray for us.

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

5 comments:

Jeff Pinyan (japhy) said...

UGH. :(

My wife's a Georgetown grad. I wonder how I break this news to her...

Jennifer said...

Thank you for posting this.

Seven77 said...

I'm truly angered about this repulsive filth stinking up these CATHOLIC schools!

Angelle said...

what are their bishops doing?

phatcatholic said...

Angelle ... I haven't heard anything about a response from the bishops of these schools. That doesn't necessarily mean there wasn't one, I just haven't heard about it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails