Tuesday, November 03, 2009

NBC Tackles the Abortion Issue

Check out this amazing clip from an episode of Law and Order: SVU



I never saw the episode myself, so I don't know what the verdict ends up being. But, as it stands by itself, this clip does a good job of exposing a little bit of the horror of the abortion industry. The whole reason the defense attorney is frustrated is because he knows that the jury has just been awakened to that horror and he will be hard-pressed to create the cognitive dissonance necessary for the jury to not feel completely repulsed by what the doctor has done.

I'm surprised that this episode even saw the light of day. What do you think? Leave a comment and let me know.

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

5 comments:

jmjtina said...

speechless.

I can't believe they aired that.

but a good speechless.

Angela Santana said...

I feel similarly. Glad this is finally being discussed on a major TV show.

Meg said...

I am glad that it aired, and the actress's line is perfect: "I don't know where my privacy ends and where another being's dignity begins." That is the crux of the argument! Praise be to God that it aired.

Jennifer said...

That was fantastic...

If you want to watch the whole thing, Jill Stanek has it here: http://www.jillstanek.com/archives/2009/10/law_order_abort.html

phatcatholic said...

Thanks for the link Jennifer!

Related Posts with Thumbnails