Saturday, January 23, 2010

Catechesis: A Team Sport


UPDATE (1/30/2010): Thanks to my incessant whining, Micah changed the blog design. I think it looks a lot better now, which means no bridge-jumping in the immediate future ;)

So, typically I like to fly solo when I'm blogging. That way I get to control everything, and all is right with the world. But, I thought it might do me some good to be a team player, so I joined up with some guys from Phatmass and FUS and we started a group blog called In Layman's Terms: Catechesis from the Vineyard.

I feel good about what we've been able to accomplish so far. I have a few minor complaints about the design and the layout (for example, the background color makes me want to jump off a bridge), but I'm trying to play nice and get along with everyone (haha!). The content is really great though, and in the end I think that's what it's all about. We started this blog because we want to bring Catholics to a greater love and appreciation of Jesus Christ and His Church, and we want to do it in a way that they will understand.

The title is somewhat of a play in words. Our blog is "in layman's terms" both because, well, we are all lay men in the Church, and also because we want to explain things catechetically, in a style adapted to our audience. Check out our blog, leave comments, let us know what you think, and pass it on to your friends via Facebook and Twitter.

I'll still be maintaining phat catholic apologetics, and from time to time you may see a post over at In Layman's Terms that you've seen here before. But, my stuff over at the new blog will be strictly catechetical and theological, whereas my stuff here will continue to be the usual mix of catechesis, apologetics, theology, and links to great Catholic resources.

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

4 comments:

revprodeji said...

That color bugs you eh?

Jennifer said...

the old one or the new one? I was attached to the old one already. Make them change it back. :mellow:

Micah said...

Nick, you need to tell me if you like the new layout. I made it so your brain wouldn't explode, but it would require a couple changes to this post. :-p

phatcatholic said...

I added an update ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails