Sunday, September 19, 2010

Back in the Saddle Again

I'm BAAAAAAACKK! (Aerosmith anyone?). Don't worry, my wife had never heard of the song either, and when I started singing it, she just shook her head as if to say that I was irrefutably a lost cause.

At any rate, I have decided to resurrect my blog. I had never intended to go 5 months without posting. It just ... well .... happened. I wanted to redesign my blog, but then I got frustrated by the new Blogger template (with all of its "new" functionality, why do I feel like I can do less with the new template then I could with the old one?). Then I got frustrated with my miserable lack of web design skills. Then I got frustrated because I didn't know anyone who could actually sit down and help me with it. Then I just gave up.

That is, until last week, when, in the course of starting up her own blog, my wife happened to mention, "Ya know honey, you should post on your blog more. You haven't posted in 5 months." I was shocked that it had been that long and was compelled, with new vigor, to give it another go. I took another look at the new Blogger template, figured out a few ways to hack it into submission, and am now more or less happy with the outcome. Please let me know what you think of the new design.

Also, for the last few days I have been back-dating a bunch of stuff that I wrote in the course of those 5 lost months so that it doesn't look like I actually disappeared, and so that any new visitors who happen upon my blog will be able to say, "Look! This guy posts on a regular basis!" So, scroll down and watch as my blog travels through time and the large gaps between posts are magically filled in.

Thanks for reading!

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

4 comments:

Tobias said...

I would've helped you with the coding. I had all summer off!

faithofthefathers said...

Welcome back! I was away from my blogs for a long while myself, due to having no internet service for awhile. Good to have you back!

revprodeji said...

I have actually heard of that song and it was not from glee.

Alhana said...

I am glad you chose a white theme this time, it is a lot easier on the eyes.
Welcome back!

Related Posts with Thumbnails