Monday, November 28, 2011

Fr. Matthew Hardesty Homilies for Advent

When my twin brother (who is now a priest) was but a wee seminarian, he was often tasked with writing homilies and then presenting them to his peers as a part of his preparation for the task of preaching. Well, in 2008, he wrote a homily for each of the four weeks of Advent. With Advent now upon us again, I thought you all might like to read his thoughts on this liturgical season. Looking back on these homilies, I find them to be just as instructive an edifying as I did the first time I read them.

Here they are, for you to read over at his blog:

By the way, as I make new posts throughout the season of Advent, I will be sure to also add them to my collection of "Resources for Advent 2011."

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails