The media firestorm has already begun. Liberals are already hoping that the next pope will finally allow contraception and women priests. Protestants are wondering why the Church needs a pope at all. The papal office is under fire and needs to be defended. I'm up to the task ... are you?
If you are in need of some resources, here are the blog posts I have written over the years in defense of the authority of the Pope:
- Expositing Some Answers: On the Authority of Peter, Parts One -- Two -- Three -- Four
- Why Is the Pope So Special?
- Infallibility and the History of the Church
- The Apostle to the Jews as the Bishop of Rome: Parts One and Two
- On Infallibility and Choosing the Successor of Peter
- Debate with "HeadzUp" on the Biblical Proof for the Authority of the Papacy
- Protestant Scholars on Mt 16:16-19
- Peter at the Jerusalem Council and Other Points Related to His Authority
- Scripture and the Pope (On Papal Infallibility): Parts One -- Two -- Three -- Four -- Five
If anyone has any questions, just let me know.
VIVA IL PAPA!